The warmer weather is here and events and festivals are starting up again. As the winter recedes, the public comes out to play and the hard working food truck vendors set off around the country every weekend to furnish customers with tasty treats from a wide variety of different cuisines and cultures. If you are ready and raring to go for the new season, this article has some top tips on how to make sure you have everything lined up for success. Here’s how to get your food truck ready for spring and summer, and all they have in store for us. For the first time in three years, we have a summer without any restrictions on crowds ahead of us, so let’s make it count.
Maintenance is Key
You might not have turned that ignition key since the leaves first began falling from the trees last year, so you need to make sure everything is in good running order. Even if you attend events in the autumn and winter, they won’t be as frequent as they are in the warmer months and, with a lot of miles to eat up while the sun (hopefully) shines, you want to make sure you have enough oil, coolant, windscreen wash, brake fluid and that your tyres have plenty of tread and air.
You don’t want to have to call the owner of the first event of the year and tell them that you won’t be taking up your pitch because you’ve broken down on the side of the motorway. Give your food van a good once over to make sure it is road worthy and capable of getting you where you need to be.
Build Up the Brand
As a food truck business, you are battling against a number of other traders. Whether it is at a festival in a field full of food options or you are vying to be the one that people pick for their wedding or other occasion. This means you need to stand out, both in person and virtually.
Make sure your truck looks the business, that it exudes the style that befits your menu and is attractive to the people you know will love your wares. But also build your online following so that people seek you out when they know you will be at the event they are attending and they think of you when they need a catering option for a party.
Get the paint out for the truck and get hammering your social media whilst you’re waiting for it to dry.
Check Stock Levels
If you are heading to a familiar event, you will have a good idea how much stock you will need. For anything else, you will have to take a professional guess, but don’t just leave it to chance. Research if you don’t know and avoid a situation where you sell out before the end of the first day or the weekend is over and you have to chuck away a mountain of costly wastage.
Get Your Packaging Right
The right packaging is as important as the right food. You need the appropriate items for your customers to be able to comfortably carry away your goodies. You also need to ensure that you meet people’s expectations for sustainability in the food industry.
Greenpak Supplies provides a wide array of food packaging options for food trucks and other catering companies that is either recyclable, biodegradable, compostable, sustainably sourced or a combination of all four.
For food trucks during the summer, you might want to look at:
● Burger boxes – Our recyclable and compostable kraft premium burger boxes are constructed from sturdy, corrugated board, which helps to maintain the presentation of your gourmet burgers whilst being transported. They feature vents on top of the box, which help to prevent the product from sweating, whilst the thick board ensures the contents are delivered warm.
● Chip trays and scoops – Our compostable black chip trays are made from sustainably sourced food grade board, making them the perfect option for food truck owners. They are usually used for chips, but can carry all manner of other foods as well.
● Food trays – From food cones to pie trays and beyond, you will find the perfect sustainable packaging option for your food truck’s specialities in our food trays section. Using a variety of different materials and with multiple finishes, you can choose the one that suits you and your customers best.
● Cutlery – Whether you need ice cream spades, knives and forks, sporks or any number of other cutlery options, we have them for you.
● Paper carriers – If you offer paper carriers, your customers can buy more products and that can only be a good thing. Ours come in three sizes and in white paper or kraft paper. All of the options are recyclable, biodegradable and compostable too.
Is Your Food Truck Ready?
Is your food truck ready for the season? If you need any food packaging, make sure you browse our shop today and stock up ahead of what we hope will be a very successful few months.